~Fatal Assassins Clan~
Welcome Guest to Fatal Assassins

You are currently viewing our forums as a Guest, therefore you will not be able to see all our forums, chat in the chatbox and post on our forums.

If you would like to join please register.

Thank You

~FA~ Leaders

No Matches Currently Planned

HomeHomeFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome Guest To Fatal Assasins!
You can view the leadership positions available here
You can now find the current roster here

Share | 

Alien vs Predator Game Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ghillieman456
Admin
Admin

PSN ID PSN ID : ghillieman456
Warning Bar : Good

PostSubject: Alien vs Predator Game Review   Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:05 pm

I am going to explain my personal alien vs predator review. Please be aware that this is my point of view and I highly suggest you try the game out yourself to get used to the graphics.

1. First Impressions
-When I first bought the game I was amazed at the cover of it. The mere picture of a predators mask and the aliens ravenous body was impressive...
The one thing I also immediately noticed the 720p definition which made me a little scared of the output, but nonetheless once I starting playing the human campaign, I was greatly surprised by the gameplay features which will be explained in my later section.

2. Campaigns
-When I started playing the human campaign I noticed the slow sprint compared to MW2. I also noticed the aliens were extremely fast (nah duh) and frequently jumped on walls and ran sideways. This made them very difficult to hit unless you hit them with a grenade launcher. The campaign is really fun for predator as well, while all campaigns start off showing you the controls and getting used to the gameplay. I really liked the predator campaign in that it showed how the "youngbloods" prepared to start the hunt (younger less experienced predators). The human campaign is more of a survival horror type scenario where you shoot everything you see, this is really fast paced and makes the game very fun. I also played the alien campaign a few days ago. This campaign is also fun in the fact that you must use stealth to pounce on your prey. You can also plant face-huggers on helpless humans.

3. Online Play
-When I first searched for a match it took forever to find one. But, once I did, I was pleasantly surprised I had an edge on the competition, I played the demo, and was very skilled in the game-play. I met this one Australian kid who played with me on a private match with his friends. Now the game itself doesn't have visible ranks necessarily, but has different "skins" that you can unlock when gaining XP. I currently have the stalker predator skin which is very nice, I am looking to unlock the hunter skin which you can see in my signatures as the F3@RL3$$ logo. The gameplays melee system is both unique and difficult to maintain. You can block a light attack, but cannot block a heavy attack. The light attacks take longer to kill, but are quicker. The heavy attacks take longer but can kill someone with 1 heavy attack and 1 light attack.

4. The weapons
-As you all know, the alien has no weapons but his claws and tail. This makes him/her use stealth to kill people. Their health is also lower than the predator. The marines health is also low, and if exposed to alien acid, is very deadly. The marine and predator have "health packs" that you can stick yourself with to heal all of your health. I am pretty sure you only get 1 online though ):. The Marine has these guns: Pulse Rifle (used for praying and spraying and nade launcher), shotgun (close quarters), sniper rifle(long distance CAN SEE THROUGH PREDATOR CLOAK), Enhanced M16 (3 shot burst with nade launcher), Smart gun (enhanced mini gun with automatic lock on and rapid fire). The Predator has a mass array of weaponry. This includes: Plasma Cannon (basically a lock-on laser with one hit kills if locked on correctly), Wrist Blades (dual that is devastating in CQB melee), Smart Disk (basically a throwing disk with spiked edges with a one hit kill marker that bounces off walls), Mines (deployable mines that you must detonate, similar to C4), Spear (kinda like a sniper rifle, but very hard to lead with, one hit kill marker, you can zoom in to use). Now the predator also has a cloaking system that makes him invisible to marines, but not to aliens. Aliens can see where all the players are. The Marines have a heartbeat sensor that is similar to the UAV in MW2. The predator has 3 vision modes, normal vision, Thermal, and Alien vision. With thermal he can see both marines and other predators, with alien vision he can see... you guessed it... aliens. But, he cannot have them all on at the same time. The predator must also find his weapons as well as the marine. One great feature about the predator is the ability to jump distances. He can jump upward onto cliffs to use his cloak and surprise an enemy.

5. Conclusion
-This game is great, I think it is better than MW2. The characters and weapons are amazing, the story modes awesome, and the online simply thrilling. The graphics are the only thing that I would improve, I guess saga just hasnt gotten used to 1080p yet, XD. The games graphics are 720p and you can tell in the story modes. But, online, the gameplay is too great for the graphics to interfere. I hope you enjoyed this review. Be sure to check out my sigs as well.

PSN: ghillieman456 GB: ghillieman456
Charlie Squad Leader
X-Ray Squad Leader
Alien vs. Predator Leader

Last edited by ghillieman456 on Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:45 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://dawnairsoft.webs.com/
CRAZED_DONUT
Private First Class
Private First Class

PSN ID PSN ID : CRAZED_DONUT
Owned Games :
  • MW2

PostSubject: Re: Alien vs Predator Game Review   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:31 am

very good review man keep it up (Y)
Back to top Go down
ghillieman456
Admin
Admin

PSN ID PSN ID : ghillieman456

PostSubject: Re: Alien vs Predator Game Review   Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:36 am

Thanks, I might make a review on MW2, XD, like anyone would even need that haha.

PSN: ghillieman456 GB: ghillieman456
Charlie Squad Leader
X-Ray Squad Leader
Alien vs. Predator Leader

Back to top Go down
http://dawnairsoft.webs.com/
CRAZED_DONUT
Private First Class
Private First Class

PSN ID PSN ID : CRAZED_DONUT
Owned Games :